Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
oscarmeyer212

Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate Trouble

I just purchased a copy of warhammer 40k chaos gate and after installing it the menu comes up to play it, and when I click on play the menu closes but nothing else happens what should I do? ;(

What you should do is give everyone more information about your system. What OS? What CPU? What amount of RAM? Don't ask a general question like that and expect a vast amount of help.

I just looked around on the net a little and found a review of this game from 1998. If you're trying to run it on Windows 2000, that means you're most likely running into a compatibility problem.

Best thing to do is make sure you're on the latest Windows 2000 service pack and all of the compatibility packs are updated. Then, right-click on the shortcut and choose properties. Try to choose a compatibility mode for the game (most likely Windows 98 ).

If the game *still* doesn't run with compatibility mode on, you're most likely out of luck and will not be able to play it on 2000.

I tried going to the game creator's website (www.ssionline.com) and discovered that it is down... I ended up at a domain park.

So that rules out any compatibility patches from the game creator's website - you might find a compatibility patch by searching Google, but I have this bad feeling you're not going to be able to play it on 2000.