Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ramik

Jasc Paint Shop Pro 8.x refuses to open banknote images

Hello,

this started with adobe photoshop 8 which was released recently, that it cannot open banknotes images. but anybody tried Jasc's PSP 8.x?

well, i tried, and it has the same thing, it refuses to open the $20 new bill photo.

Well all I have to say who cares because the only ones I can see wanting to do this are counterfieters, sorry but I don't see any point in scanning in images of banknotes, from any country for that matter frown

Quote:
I think you're forgetting about graphic designers frown

Perhaps, but there is a plethera of graphics out there that can be had, both on the net and items that can be scanned into your PC wink

I would however suggest talking to both Adobe about Photoshop and and JASC as well about this. My guess is that they've done this on purpose. Some sort of face recognition algorythm.

Also check out the US Treasury site for more info. Perhaps they have some images of older bills you can view, I wouldn't bet on it though.

Quote:
I would however suggest talking to both Adobe about Photoshop and and JASC as well about this. My guess is that they've done this on purpose.

It's actually old news.. wink and yes, they (Adobe, JASC, Ulead and perhaps others) did it on purpose.

http://www.wired.com/news/infostructure/0,1377,61890,00.html?tw=wn_tophead_2

Quote:
Perhaps they have some images of older bills you can view, I wouldn't bet on it though.

Well.. I'm not a graphic designer.. so, I don't have to be worried about it. And besides, I use gimp smile.
Anyways, I believe that most people like to be treated as customers and not potential criminals!

It doesn't really make sense because people who will want to counterfeit money will do it one way or another. BTW I don't see the point of using an image manipulation software for counterfeiting when you can use your scanner and printer as a photocopy machine.