Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ofelas

Anyone tried Longhorn 4051?

A developer buddy of mine says it's interesting & fast once it's tweaked, but apparently the 'download manager' in IE is broken/finicky...what do y'all think of it?

Thanks...

Longhorn is not in Beta stage yet it is an Alpha project still, therefore only subscribers of MSDN and other selected people will officialy have copies of Longhorn, though many warez sites offer it as a download.

Unless you are fairly confident with Operating Systems I would stear away from Longhorn untill a RC come out for Beta testing.

i have 4051 running right now. It is a bit funky with explorer crashing sometimes, but the system its self is very stable. I like it a lot. It is fast as hell. It installs in like 15 mins as opposed to the 30-45 that 2k and xp took.

If you disable the sidebar (with the pimpy clock) that should address the crashing issue. The OS also *needs* 512MB of RAM or more to get by. It isn't very happy running in virtual machines, but it does support Whidbey (the next VS.NET) so that's why I have been trying to use it.