Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

Symantec/Norton now owns PowerQuest

Great more bloatware!!!!

Good thing I stopped using Norton Utilities back in my 9x/DOS days.

Use smaller,better specialized utilities now without the bloat and a couple of months ago bought Acronis TrueImage so....no need for Norton anymore except for NAV corp.

Norton actually casues more problems than it solves. It was actually a good product back in the DOS days beginning with PC Utilities....it went downhill after DOS.

Symantec Corp is the only good product they have had in years.

I use Drive Image 7, and I hope they dont bloat it up, which I know they will and make it a funky mess like Ghost

I am hoping they don't screw up V2i, but it is Symancrap afterall...

PowerQuest products will become bad now.

Symantec norton products are powerful, has features not available in opther software. in antivirus and firewalls, the quality of the software is very good.....

BUT......

they are HUGE software, take much space and need much resources....

to put antivirus, firewall and antispam, you need MUCH MUCH space, and the computer response will be very slow....

since 1 month (since my last format, which is done once a year), i didn't put any symantec products, i went to free/cheap alternatives, and the computer is much faster now.

i used AVG antivirus, ZoneAlarm antivirus, and mcafee SpamKiller. and i am very satisfied with them.... and i started recommending these products instead of symantec ones to my friends smile