Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Radioactive Frog

Bandwidth limiting.......

is there software that i can use to limit the amount of banwidth that each person gets. we have broadband and i would be able to limit the amount of bandwidth each user gets......is it poss?

thanks

oh yea all machines are running win xp pro laugh

yeah i am using ICS and i dont want to limit everyones bandwidth.....i would like to give say 25% so 1 puter and 50% to another etc depending on users etc

thanks

or even just some software that would allow me different pcs access to the internet and netowrk and others that are just allowed access to the netowrk.....

any ideas?

Thanks RF

QoS limits network and i could not get it to go below 1mb or %1 since i can not put in decimal points.

so 1mb is faster then my connetion..lol

also i use a router / firewall - netgear - i was hoping on some software that i could limit each computer on our network but not locally speed on the lan frown

guess i need to buy a cisco router smile

^^^ thing is with that software ui have to install it on each computer and if your user of that system has admin access they can remove it frown

unless you are using a system with ICS - but if you got a router frown

i haven't had a chance to play with it much but i have got ICS on a server with no router just a hub so could i just install it on the server? i need to set static ip's i think tho dont i which i have had some trouble with.....

thanks

RF

^^^ yup - by the looks of the sites diagrams that is how it works best - this way u dont haev to install it on each client computer - just on the ICS' sharing system

great we that should be ok, but errrm any idea where i can get some info on setting static ip's cus i tried on my system and errm it still changes, cus i think you have to set it outside the ip range of the server? but how do i know wot the ip range of the server is.......

arrrrrgh sorry so many questions

thanks for your help

RF