Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tulol

[Problem] Intel wireless pro 2100 driver for WIN 2003 server

hi,

i just upgraded my windows XP Prof. to windows server 2003. I have a problem with the wi-fi driver. i couldn't find the driver for intel wireless pro 2100.

does anyone has the same problem with intel wireless pro 2100 driver on win 2003 server?

could you please tell me where to find the driver? I'm desperately need it.

Thanks.

Quote:
Have you taken a look at Intel.com for the drivers? That's the frist place to look at.

Yes i did look at Intel's website, but they do not have it. They refer me to a list of laptop's manufacturer, such as toshiba, acer, compaq, sony, etc.

note: i am using the intel centrino(built in wireless adapter intel wireless pro 2100) i can't find the driver for WIN 2003 server frown

I guess the laptop's manufacturers have not develop new driver for win2003 server, what a pitty :|

Anyway, thanks Copernius for the comment.

;(

Tulol,

Did you find a driver?

I have the same problem with my Compaq laptop running 2003 server, no wi-fi frown

Please if anyone finds a suitable driver for Intel Pro Wireless 2100 for win 2003, post of this forum.

Please email me at dhussain_80@yahoo.com as well. If I happen to come across one, I'll do likewise.

Good luck.

Danish.

I'm also having trouble with mobility radeon 9000 drivers. (ATI).

You can simply extract the driver, then from device manager update the driver. It work's for me.

Dell D800 with Pro/Wireless 2100

Hi!

I have the same problem frown

I couldn't apply two previous advices. To Frille88's advice: from where to extract driver? There are no Win2003 drivers for Intel 2100 at all... If it was meant that I should take WinXP drivers, they are not installed correctly under Win2003: it "cannot find a software for the device"...

I also tried to use compatibility mode with the installer program supplied with the driver. In that case, the installer works without error but no driver is actually installed frown Oh, no, the driver IS installed in the database, but not for the device. And when I try to use this driver for the device, an error occurs (I suppose, due to one of DLLs that come with the driver) - "driver path cannot be found" or something in the style...

So Frille88 please tell me how did you managed to make it work? :-/

Slicer

This worked for me on a Dell Latitude D800.

Installing Intel Pro 2100 wireless LAN driver on windows 2003:

1. Download the windows XP driver from Intel's (or Dell's) site:

{Most likely, you received this driver with your laptop}

2. Extract or copy the driver files into a temp folder:

3. Goto Device Manager, select the driver-less "Network Controller" and choose "Update driver"

4. Next dialog, choose "Install from specific location..." and select the temp folder from step 2.

Hope this helps.

Why? Why go through all this trouble? WHy did you upgrade fro xp pro to 2k3?????

I make the wireless adapter(see signature)drived successfully on my laptop IBM Thinkpad X22.

The driver is for win2000/xp but I failed to install it at first without changing the compatible mode. After I alter the mode by right click on the executable file and configure the compatible mode in property option, It worked.

You could have a try and wish you succeed.