- neat & clean interface

- simple to use with heaps of inbuilt help

- small file size

- heaps of options

- does the job it states

Bad:

- default window size for me only showed half the buttons, had to expand window

- no scantily clad women dancing instead of hourglasses

- no scary user messages such as "you'll wish you hadn't done that after you reboot"

Other than those minor things, nice piece of software. Need to install some junk in order to test it some more.

Maybe it's just me or maybe I should read the help file, but then again I never read help files.

When the search is complete how do I delete one record only. And how do I select one or more records to delete. If press delete it wants to delete everything? Is this an error or am I stupid. (probably the second) laugh

Oh btw the text in the name bar (the bar with the red x in windows xp) blinks very fast when searching the registry wich doesn't look very nice.

The event log is full of entries APK.... Why is that?

Apart from that it's a cool util and I'm gonna test it some more. It really find something in my reg smile

The tool I used now RegCleaner found 241 entries that were safe to remove, the prog from APK found 331 smile

Quote:
I would like to test but I need a better URL to test your program.

Better URL, please explain ?!?

Are you not using an FTP client or trying to use a web browser instead ?!?

I have tried 5 times, I get an error message. Error is WS_FTP timeouts when doing a directory listing.

I am ran it on 2 machines. One W2003 server and WXP machine. WindowsXP machine is still running over 500000 entries.

Since I walked away from W2003 server, I don't know how many entries it scanned. It got over 250 errors. On Windows Xp machine, I got 330 errors after running Norton Disk Doctor.

Suggestions:

1. When done, either stopped by user before completion or after completion it would be nice to see a summary page: with time it took, number of entries it scanned and how many error it found.

2. It would nice to SORT on the 4 different columns.

3. I would like to use Ctrl - A to select all items and item them a one time.

Question:

If I select one item for deletion, why do I get an option to delete All the items?

Nice interface. Works well.

As said above, why does the menus say "Deleted Selected items" and using them will delete ALL, either change the behavior or change the menus captions to reflect what it's really doing. I know you say it is safe to delete all, but you should say it clearly that it will be doing that

Also, why if we say no to delete, it becomes disabled? I wanted to check a little to see if it was really safe to delete all, and now I have to scan everything again....

Quote:
I have tried 5 times, I get an error message. Error is WS_FTP timeouts when doing a directory listing.

Sometimes you have to try the FTP client with or without the PASV mode turned on wink

Also, I highly recommend ONLY using Flash FXP for everthing, it's da bomb baby laugh

The free version of Adaware has a nice feature. It adds a new column on the far left side. The column is were the user can click on items that they want to delete. In my case it would be nice as most of my items are file listings that are not on the hard drive any longer.

Quote:
jmmijo,

If you would... please update the build here for users to snag, with today's 12/18/2003 build, thanks! Same filename, but has some improvements from folks' suggestions who tested it here now.

Please post here or in 'pm' when you copied the update to the leechfolder... thanks!

IMPROVEMENTS:

1.) dh13's suggestion to improve the status bar's (std. Win32 one @ bottom of screen & homemade one I made 2-3 panels above it as well) output with "DONE: 250 entries found" messages on both @ the end of scan runs.

&

2.) An internal improvement to some of its string handling code on output of information to the screen. Not one users would note, but uses Trim functions on string output to screen to not waste a drop of RAM & to also keep strings put out from being corrupted possibly thru added data tacking onto the end of each string.

smile

* Thanks for the suggestions guys, when jmmijo gives the "OK", you can snag this build too...

APK

P.S.=> Duhmez & jmmijo, I am also uploading you the updated FULL program fileset as well for your use in your FTP server folders after I write this up... thanks guys! apk

I'll have to do the updates when I get home from work tonight wink

Deleting selectred entries would be a wasted feature for this program. It does a bckuo i believe in case someting breks(eventhough nothing will break)

Alot of poeple are confused about this programs purpose. This is a registry cleaner, not a repaier or fixer. It wont fix anyhting or make anything broken work again. It is an optimization. reegistery "repairer/cleaners" are more dangerous and those NEED the ability to select specific entries.

In fact, I have already requested a "scan all, delete all, terminate app" option in a PM to APK!

Good stuff.

OK, the update is available on my server, see above for logon details. Here's the filename:

APKRegistryCleaningEngine2002SR6FullVersionFinal.zip

EDIT:

Correction, I'll transfer these files over to the leech folder and see how the bandwidth holds up. Cause I run an FTP server with other users on there as well, I'll have to limit the leechmenow account to 2 connections max.

Currently there is no limit however this would suck up all available bandwidth including for my online gaming wink

EDIT2:

OK, transfer of files now complete. Please find all (3)Three updated apps in the LeechMeNow folder laugh

How come the password doesn't work? It doesn't give me any error message but it doesn't log on.

Should work now, however some FTP clients require that you have the PASV mode turned on and others work better without this turned on.

Also, there is a limit of two connections at any one time and I noticed that two users were on a little while ago.

Try it now and see what happens wink