Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Suicidal_Monk

Windows 2000 Advanced Server Boot Disks

I have got Windows 2000 AS CD installer, it is an MSDN cd and so doesn't boot, the makeboot utility included doesn't work, can anyone help me here? A download working version of the make boot or, just the files need ed would be great, anything to help install it from BIOS, Since I will have to install on a blank computer.

You'll need to run the MKBOOT32 if you're within Windows attempting to create boot disks.

IIRC, the MSDN images are bootable however. Have you checked your BIOS settings?

I tried that, but it comes up with an error saying that it "can't find the specified sector" or "the disk has a bad track0", it has done this with all of my disks, so it's not them, nothing I.ve tried has worked, I am now the proud owner of about 20 newly formatted disks, incase it might work, but it didn't, I need either working bootdisk or a non-broken version of the MKBOOT32 or MAKEBOOT programs included on the disk.

Did you verify the CRC of the image from MSDN? It should be bootable, and shouldn't have any file corruption, assuming the CRC matches.