Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masterfinn

Screen Capture Problems

Hi

Im watching a video in WMP 9 and i paused the video then hit "alt+printscreen" then went into paint and tried to paste it. It pasts fine but the video is black. It shows the player and everything but I cant get it to save and capure the video at that time when i pause it. I have tried to paste it into Paintshop pro and photoshop still nothing. I have also tried third party screen caputre software.. still nothing. Its weird casue it shows the video part of it when i paste it in and the video file is still open But as soon as i close the video file and go back into paint its gone. Is there anyway possible to capure a screen shot of a video.

thanx,

Masterfinn

That's because the playing video is using an overlay, think of the screen in layers, and that layer is being excluded from capture.

Easy peezy.

Goto display properties>advanced. then click troubleshooting. Slide the slider bar to "none"

Then take your screenshot.

then when finished, turn back to full acceleration. (Do not forget otherwise your games wont work.)

Quote:
Easy peezy.

Goto display properties>advanced. then click troubleshooting. Slide the slider bar to "none"
Then take your screenshot.
then when finished, turn back to full acceleration. (Do not forget otherwise your games wont work.)

cool tip man, didn't know about that, thx.