Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Anything better than Quake 3 and UT 2003 in the FPS Genre?

What are you looking for, action FPS? Single Play?

There are too many titles to list!

Well you could try Clive Barkers Undying (fun game and very creepy) and it should be very cheap now but don't let the price fool you,

Star Wars Jedi Academy is another one that is enjoyable. or Newer games Like Tron 2.0.

S

I enjoyed the single play on Medal of Honor and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Call of Duty is pretty good if a little short.

I'm currently playing XIII. It's a cell-shaded FPS done with the Unreal engine (not sure which version).

It's very comic-booky with 'boom' and 'whoosh' text appearing every now and then. All in all I'm quite enjoying it so far smile

Deus Ex: Invisible War came out, has had mixed reviews. Too consoley for me. Deus Ex the original is still great. There is Medal of Honor and its expansion packs, RTCW, my bro has been playing Kingpin again, nice game! Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy, Unreal 2 isn't bad...if not go replay some classics like Jedi Knight, Unreal, Doom w/JDoom, Heretic, Hexen 1 or 2, Quake, etc, etc

I wish someone would make a remake of Rise of the Triad with updated 3d graphics. That game rocked

Quote:
I wish someone would make a remake of Rise of the Triad with updated 3d graphics. That game rocked

Remember the cheat that turned you into a howling dog? The glowing baseball bat?

laugh

And don't forget the voice taunts. The number of times I made people jump with the "Behind you!" taunt, before unloading into them is too high to count laugh

Up to now, LOTR:Return of the King is first title I would say fulfilling the *nvidia* term Cinematic Computing. wink

My FPS faves that you also might enjoy are:

- Jedi Knight Series (Jedi Knight, Mysteries of the Sith, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy). Hey, what did you expect? Look at my nick laugh

- System Shock 2 <- A better game has yet to be made. It has some RPG elements too. Similar to Deus Ex, but IMO better.

- Clive Barker's Undying. thatsteveguy knows what he's talking about!

- Aliens versus Predator series.

The last two games are best played at night. 8)

Call of Duty

Tron 2 - WICKED looking on a 9700PRO

Max Payne 2! - just rules!

LOTR - the new one - hack and slash! hack and slash..lol - i found - but nice graphics and good interaction with in the game.

Delta Force - Black Hawk Down - online play rules! - this is my favorite game!

Black Hawk Down is the closest one to reallife military combat ever seem, needs to master some real combat skill to finish the game. Superb AI here.

if you decide to venture into multiplay:

Desert Combat Mod for battlefield 1942 is the best game i've played in...

well...

best game i've played!

laugh

Halo.

Has sum nice (read amazing) graphics, as long as you have the hardware to run it PROPERLY (i'm not talking GeForce 4MX, i mean GeForce FX 5700 Ultra / Radeon 9600 Pro and above) so u get all the Per Pixel 2.0 effects in 1024x768 at a half decent frame rate.

Has a good solid story line, some lovely level design (if a tad repetative in places), some nice physics (unrealistic in the truest sense, but somehow works perfectly for Halo) and some decent AI. Good fun in multiplayer.

Also consider Call of Duty, a tad short, but still, worth playing again, and the multiplayer rocks. Nice graphics, although technically nuthin comes close to Halo until Doom 3 and Half Life 2. And dripping with atmosphere.

Quote:

Also consider Call of Duty, a tad short, but still, worth playing again, and the multiplayer rocks. Nice graphics, although technically nuthin comes close to Halo until Doom 3 and Half Life 2. And dripping with atmosphere.

lol

nothing comes close to a game with graphics over 3 years old and ported from a console?

you need to get out and play more game s- halo is a horribly coded game and the graphics are old - it has nice "effects" but the general textures and graphics are more basic then your game of hearts in windows..lol

laugh

but that is just my opinion - even after playing it on a 9700PRO with all features jacked up.