Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mordib

IE 6.0 administrator/user problems

Hi all,

Background:

25 desktops all running 2K and IE6 running as part of a bigger 2K domain. All fully patched as of this morning.

We use internet banking accross the net, using a combination of certificates, cookies, and https. Since being fully updated one of the machines has decided it wont work with the internet banking, specifically instead of opening a new window with the log in options it does nothing. This is whilst a domain user is logged in. As local administrator it works fine and the same user can log in on a different computer and it works fine.

Hence, something has happened to users rights compared with administrators rights when using internet explorer, I assume with the register but have no idea what exactly the problem is or where in the register to look (or for that matter how the system differentiates between administrators and users within IE)

any help much appreciated

m.

Im not honestly to sure how to check as they have masked links (eg nothing in the task bar, no right clicking) but I assume so because the window the new page opens up in is resized, so java??

either way the computer in question has got the 'JIT compiler for virtual machines', the most recent javacnsole download from the microsoft site and as such has exactly the same features installed as the computers that dont have the problem.

keep the ideas coming though smile

m.

Does the site in question use SSL/certificates? Certificates installed? Local CA?

Just trying to come up with some ideas, if I have more later, I'll post them.

Just re-read your original post... Here's an idea for you: Have the user log on to another machine, verify proper access to site, export the certificate, import on machine with problem after user logs on.