Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shassouneh

Can Someone Help Me Get Rid of this Program?

Hi All,

I have this annoying window that keeps popping up from time to time. I think its either spyware or adware. Lavasoft's Ad Aware and Spybot's Search and destroy (each with its most recent updates) both fail to find this program and eliminate it.

Here is a screen shot of what it looks like. Can someone please help? Its bugging the heck out of me!

this is a JPG file. It was hosted on geocities and therefore cannot be shown directly. it must be downloaded. its only 2.74KB

RIGHT CLICK -> SAVE TARGET AS

Quote:
Hi All,
I have this annoying window that keeps popping up from time to time. I think its either spyware or adware. Lavasoft's Ad Aware and Spybot's Search and destroy (each with its most recent updates) both fail to find this program and eliminate it.

Here is a screen shot of what it looks like. Can someone please help? Its bugging the heck out of me!

this is a JPG file. It was hosted on geocities and therefore cannot be shown directly. it must be downloaded. its only 2.74KB

RIGHT CLICK -> SAVE TARGET AS

I suppose this iis when you're using IE and not another browser(e.g Mozillia)?

NO. I use Mozilla for everything. I have not used IE in years (literally). I refuse to use IE!

The Save Target As (or save link as) MUST be done because of the way geocities works.

Anywho, the Window I get I get whether or not I have any browser windows open. Even with absolutely no browser windows open and mozilla.exe completely shut down, I still get this annoying window.

Quote:
NO. I use Mozilla for everything. I have not used IE in years (literally). I refuse to use IE!

The Save Target As (or save link as) MUST be done because of the way geocities works.

Anywho, the Window I get I get whether or not I have any browser windows open. Even with absolutely no browser windows open and mozilla.exe completely shut down, I still get this annoying window.

Have you tried Mozilla Firebird? It seem to block pop-ups alot better and I haven't seen a pop-up sence.

lol.

This is NOT a pop up ad! I already have pop ups blocked.

This is an ACTUAL PROGRAM. It has its own process and everything.

Taskman lists it as "Project1" and the process attached to it is "sysu.exe"

repeat: this is an APPLICATION not a pop up!

Thanx for the feedback though

try disabling the windows messaging service if you don't need it and have not already done so

This seems to be related to your issue. Perhaps if you follow the instructions on this site is may help wink

You are right.

After doing some research on Symantec's security response site, it said that you need to clean the registry (and it shoowed exactly how0. also, it said to run Norton Anti virus with the full system scan oiption after you update your virus definitions and everything should be OK.

I did precisely as Symantec instructed and NAV did not pick it up at all.

I cleaned up the registry, and I am about to delete the ddm folder.

I had a hunch to delete the ddm folder, but I did not want to risk it until I was 100% positive.

Thanx for the recommendation. I will delete the folder. If I run into more trouble, I will update this thread. laughsmile