Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shassouneh

Visual Studio .net and Java?

Hi All,

I am sorry If I am posting this in the wrong section, but I did not find another more approproate section.

I am wondering If there is any way to use Visual Studio .net to design and code Java. And I am particularly interested in GUI Java. Note: J# is NOT an option as this is for a database class and they are REQUIRING the use of Java.

Unfortunately, most (if not all) Java IDEs out there lack two important things

1.) Acceptable Performance

2.) Ease of making a GUI (try making a GUI in C# and compare to Java!).

I am running Windows 2000 Professional with SP4 and Visual Studio .net 2003 Professional (framework version 1.1).

Can anywonw help? Thanx

Hmm I downloaded Netbeans before. i just never bothered to mess with it. So far I have tried multiple versions of Jbuilder (Borland) and JDeveloper (Oracle) and none seemed to be what I am looking for. I will try netbeans.

Thanx for the reply laughsmile

Netbeans was actually easier for me to use than IntelliJ. IntelliJ's project structure confused me and since Netbeans was free, I couldn't really pass it up.

Unfortunately nothing is as good as VS.NET for development, especially if you're still learning the languages (I'm learning Java)... but it's the next best thing for me so far.

Hi All,

I just tried NetJeans 3.5.1

I'm sorry to say this, but its a peice of junk! It wouldn't even start up. It keps throwing exceptions left and right, and I never got past the Splash screen.

Not very impressive at all.

So far I found JBuilder to be the most promising, byt unfortunately JBuilder itself doesn't work properly either. It writes code for the GUI I design that doesn't even work. The compiler complains about unavailable classes, and this is a nice clean INstallation!!!

hehe I don't think so. Jbuilder rna just fine (apart from it being a pain in the behind)

Also, I have OpenOffice (which requires Java) and it runs perfectly too.

The ONLY Java program that did not work properly as it should is Netbeans frown