Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Remote Desktop using a Domain Controller

I am using my remote desktop to connect to my Domain Controller running Windows Server 2003

When I connect as a Domain Admin, I cannot see all the services running, nor can I configure Norton Antivirus 7.6

Something to do with the local computer, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote:
I am using my remote desktop to connect to my Domain Controller running Windows Server 2003

When I connect as a Domain Admin, I cannot see all the services running, nor can I configure Norton Antivirus 7.6

Something to do with the local computer, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet

Any help would be appreciated.

i thought that it has nothing to do with the local pc, as long as u have the rights to run desktop connect

I think what it may be is I need local admin rights on the server.

Since the server does away with local acounts with it is promoted to a PDC, not sure what I can do

If you're an admin on the DC (which you would need to be by default, due to logon restrictions) and simply running TS on that box in Remote Admin mode, you should see all the processes running. In our lab, we have about 20 servers running and we can still administer them through the NAV admin utility. We can also view the local console for NAV on the box. Make sure you are viewing all available processes. Some apps that present credentials in order to function do act up in TS, as they never seem to come to terms with the user's credentials. I have seen many apps do this in the past, but so far NAV hasn't done this to us (however, I haven't had much more than a few months with it in the lab).

I tried using the Deafult Admin account as well and same thing, it wont even show it on the taskbar as running.

Its only Nav, but the processes are only showing as 5 of them

I have to logon locally to the machine.

could it be that my XP machine isn't joined to the Domain?

Answered my own question laugh

Gotta check that tab show processes from all users

THe Nav options still wont work though, unless i log on locally

Quote:
Make sure you are viewing all available processes.

Answered your own question, eh?

BTW, the newest versions of VNC are pretty nice now, but if you can skate by with TS that is definately the way to go.