Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Squidaronimous_J

HP N5250 W2K Migr issue--battery driver??

Hi,

I'm having an odd problem and was wondering if someone had a solution. I have an HP Pavalion n5250 that I recently upgraded to W2K from ME. Everything moved over fairly well with the exception of the battery driver and the video driver. (Video driver can be found at S3 graphics for those interested)

Anyone have any ideas? I've done some searches, tried to see what 2K could find, upgrade service packs, etc. Nothing.

I was thinking I might be able to get the driver file and tell 2K to use the compatibility function and pretend ME was still running, but I don't even know what file to look for.

Any help would be appreciated as HP has nothing on their site.

Thanks,

Squid

S: I've got SP4 installed.

T&S: Yeah, I've tried that driver package from HP. (although I did redownload and install everything just to make sure that that wasn't a newer link/package) Windows still can't seem to find any drivers for the battery.

On a side note...I'm not sure if this is affecting anything, but I do get a "16-bit MS-DOS Subsystem" error about the config.nt file. I'm still looking into that issue to see what it means. Do you think they're connected?