Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Funkeh

System Shock 2 Locks Up

Hello! I've tried looking through the forum for help on this but my problem remains - System Shock 2 on Windows XP Pro (Service Pack 1 + Patched up from MS Update site)

I can install the game, set the options, watch the intro movie then try to start playing. However, ingame it just locks up after a few moments. Furthest I got before lockup was into the basic training holo suite, usually locking up before I get there frown

It's an original version CD; I tried installing it, applying the 2.3 patch, using noCD executables (tried two from GameCopyWorld, both around 2.77-2.80mb in size) (clicking directly on the exe in the game folder not using shortcuts or the CD installer/runner)

I also tried the compatibility settings Disabling Visual Themes and tried the various modes (Win 95/98/2000)

I never finished this game when I had it under my old system and would dearly love to finish it! I read in one of the posts maybe there's a problem with dual CPU systems, does this apply to Hyper Threaded CPUs? Mine is a P4 3.06Ghz which shows up as 2 CPUs in Windows XP - how would I fix it if this is a problem?

I've run out of ideas what more I could do, help please frown

I just picked up this game on Ebay, and runs fine after settign the affinity

Rebirth works great too

Cool looking models