Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Stoned

Monitor remote activity.

Lo chaps

I am looking for a small freeware program which runs in the taskbar and pops up a message to inform me if someone is accessing my computer remotely. For example if someone is accessing my windows registry or a network share such as the C$

This should be pretty simple I would imagine, but I am unable to find a util that does this short of a full firewall.

Note I don’t want to block this activity, just monitor when it happens.

Anyone know of a util that does this?

Cheers

Out of all the people in the world!! wink

No one knows of a utility that does that I ask?

There are plenty of port monitors etc that show and log all in- and outgoing traffic filtered in various ways, like Network Spy. DUmeter shows you bits in and out, to just name another one that comes to mind. There are similar freeware utils, I'm pretty sure.

But a program that pops up only when your shares are accessed doesn't come to mind. If its an allowed user who connects to an allowed share I'm not even sure how the various windows flavours handle & log the fact he's remote, but I'm pretty sure you can log it (in NT/XP) , and then use a differnt app to show the logs. But realtime freeware popup, can't help you there.

H.

Glad that worked for you, I really don't recall where I came across that program, but I thought of it instantly when I read this thread.

Welcome to NT Compatible, hope you stick around!

smile