Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tsonta101

Promise Ultra100 TX2 read/write LED

for you that don't know what it is, it's an add-on PCI card, that will either enable you to run your HDDs at ATA100 mode, or enable you add another 4 HDDs on your system.

But the damned thing doesn't tell your motherboard that your HDDs are reading/writing!....so, i looked for a way to hook up a LED, but neither does the manual, neither the website.

So, I emailed them (support@promise.nl, european support), and the reply was rather swift (2 days) and said that a led can be connected to pins 3 and 4 of the 4 pin connector that is on the card. Pins 1 and 2 are reserved (or do nothing, i dare guess).

And thus I can add another colour LED and fulfill my dream of converting my PC to a Christmas tree.........

PS. By the way, if any of you also onws a Promise Ultra100 TX2, would you care to elaborate on the configuration of your system and how the HDDs that are hooked up on the Ultra100 are performing....

best regards,

tsonta101

I've got the same problem with a HighPoint RAID controller.

There is a 4pin connector on the card, but my Antec Sonata case has a 1 or 2 pin HDD LED connector lead (I can't remember exactly).

Is there any danger of damaging anything if I were to use a trail and error approach to find out where I should plug the lead in. I'm probably been over cautious, but you never know.

Thanks.

just email their support dept. and ask them what the 4pin connector does.....

if you can't be asked (and feel a bit risky) connect the cable to pins 3-4, it might be the same case.............

It should have a 4 pin connector on the card for the led. Your led lead only has 2 wires though. I had to do the trial and error approach to see which 2 wires worked and observed no problems doing so. YMMV.

If you put the hd led wire on your promise card though, your led wont work for the onboard ide activity. Thought I'd let you know in case it matters.