Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CyberGenX

How to get $25K in MS software for $299

First of all you "should" be a IT related company. But you could also be the company that works with the IT related company. 2ndly go to this link to register as a partner --> http://members.microsoft.com/partner/help/howtoregister.aspx

After you register, if you are eligible, go to this link ---> http://members.microsoft.com/partner/salesmarketing/partnermarket/actionpack/default.aspx?nav=ln

The Action Pack gives you this (link below) for only $299

http://members.microsoft.com/partner/sal...k_standard.aspx

Basically you get their current OS and Servers and current Office/Frontpage/Publisher/Project and many others. You are allowed 1 Server activation and 10 client licenses for each server. You are allowed 10 activations for the Desktop OSes and desktop software. If you add up all the goodies they give you it's $25,000 with of MS product for $299.

I bought this pack and saved my company thousands of dollars as we have 8 workstations and 2 servers! I highly recommend it. A couple not listed on their site is Windows 2003 Server Web Edition, Windows 2003 Small Business Server and misc. Service pack CDs.

I'm waiting on the office 2003 to be included, unless they are supposed to send it with the quarterly updates?

While it's great that you saved your company money, for MOST businesses you would be violating the licensing terms to use the Action Pack for everyday use.

Quote:
How can I use the software provided in the subscription?

The software included with the subscription can be used for internal business use, testing, evaluation, demonstration, training, and educational purposes only. For example, you can use the Action Pack software to host your company's intranet but it CANNOT be used to host a commercial Web site. This is considered a production environment that is outside the scope of the software's intended purpose.

We don't plan on hosting any websites, internal or external. The main reason for getting this is so you don't have to pay $140+ for Windows XP for each machine, $xxx+ for Office XP for EVERY machine, $xxx for Publisher XP, FrontPage XP, MapPoint 2002, Project , Visio, Exchange, FOR EACH MACHINE and the biggest cost Windows Server 2003.

MS is pretty good about what you CAN do with this pack. As long as you don't try to resell or pirate the software (or run public website) you can pretty much do what you want.

From what I have heard they "should" be sending Office 2003 next quarter.

Yeah me too. I go to all the MS training deals and get the lastest OS, Server, and Office Versions every year just so I don't have to shell out for them... laugh

After attending a Ts2 event, I finally decided to go with the Action Pack and figured I would just wait till Jan, for the quarterly updates to get my Office 2003, but they updated it tonight with all the new good stuff

Great deal if you are a MS partner

I have been an action pack subscriber for 3 yrs and the pack as I understand is for consultants and IT resellers & other professionals to work with the software so that they can better convey how it works to their customers, etc. It is not to avoid paying licensing fees. If I were you I'd leave this whole thing right here as it stands before someone sees it and makes a bigger issue out of this misuse.

This meant constructively, so please take it that way.

You've got it, Zak, that's very true. As IT professionals, it is very important that we know how to fully use, install, troubleshoot a large amount of software. The Action Pack is a great way for us to do so.

Welcome to NT Compatible.

I agree if you are tyring to get free stuff and are not a MS partner, who resells or consults on these products then you shouldn't be getting the Action Pack

GOt mine in today, and they Included Office 2003, Server 2003, all flavors, and XP Pro w/SP1