Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
videobruce

Programs close by themselves when using mouse with Laptop

When I hook up a optical mouse to a Laptop (Comtrash Presario 730) after a varible amount of time when using Opera V6 the browser closes all of a sudden.

This is closing NOT crashing. What seems to be happening is the mouse cursor jumps to the upper right corner and performs a left click function before I even know it. I know this because after the browser closes, the cursor is at that corner.

I have tried another optical mouse and the same thing.

The touchpad software is installed and when the system detects the other mouse I get a dialog box stating that some feature(s) are disabled because of the mouse connected.

The FAQ's said that a mouse can be used along with the touchpad (which can still be used).

I believe it happened with another program other than a browser. I really don't think it is that browser.

I usually happens when I'm either waiting for a page to load or just moving the curser around.

I know that I didn't press the left click button when it happens and not anywhere near that upper left corner.

I''m running 2k w/sp3 if that matters.

Any ideas??

Holy Water maybe? An exorcist perhaps? I've never heard of a problem like this, but some browsers give you options under their tools for mice, for example, the side button or the middle button. Perhaps, there is a check mark that needs to be clicked. Don't leave us in suspense if you find the answer.

Funny you mentioned the Extorsist..............

I just broke down and ordered a DVD player for the first time (I'm going to retire my Sayno V-Cord recorder) and one of the movies I ordered was the Extorsist!

Hummmmmmm.............do you think there is a connection??

Someone else suggested turning off the touchpad which I did (after it took 5 minutes to find that feature buried deep within one of the mouse tabs). I am tring that idea now.

It happens so fast, if you blink you would miss it!

(Just kidding about the V Cord deal if anyone remembers that format back in 1977).

Didn't work. I even tried using Mozilla to see IF it was Opera and still the same problem. Touchpad is disabled and it was checked.

I see this issue with another presario, and I know exactly why it is happening.

your big old hands are resting on the laptop, which is pushing down on the touch sensors.

be more careful, or disable the mouse click ability of the touch pad. (Goto control panel>mouse. Disabling mouse clicking is perfect, because even if the mouse jumps, it wont be able to click.

Update................

Now the cursor freezes when I'm browsing and waiting for pages to load. If I keep the cursor moving it seems to free it up. Almost as if it was a mechnical problem.

Hey all,

I'm having this same problem. It looks like someone's designed a really stealthy annoyance.

What happens is the mouse goes to the top right corner and clicks repeatedly, shutting down any program that may be open.

One way to get around this is to not fully maximise the window. I'm trying it for now and it seems fine although the mouse still tries to shut the programs down.

If you come up with a solution, do let me know

Sam