Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
min_is_3

Windows 2003 Enterprise OR Windows 2003 Standard

What is the difference between Windows 2003 server Enterprise and Windows 2003 server Standard?

I was at Dell's website to purchase a rack mounted server and under the operating system selection box they listed Windows 2003 Server Standard with license for 5 clients and Windows 2003 Server Enterprise with license for 25 clients.

Is there a Windows 2003 Server Standard with licenses for 25 clients?

Is there a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise with licenses for 5 clients? crazy

thanks for the link. It really helped me in the details. One thing that it didn't list was if Windows 2003 Standard supports licenses for more than 5 clients? ?

Yep it would, but hey, I could see this happening when Longhorn gets released wink

Also when you install the standard edition, it defaults to a 5 client connection, but since I always configure systems per seat, I don't use that option. We build them and configure this way cause we sell CAL's separately as well and really it should be up to the client to make sure they have purchased the correct amount of CAL's for their business...

What is the difference between the cal's

If I have 30 pc's running windows 2000 and xp and I have 3 servers that are running 2003 standard I would need to licence my server per seat and I would need at least 30 cals for 2003 standard ? right ?

what if I though a windows 2003 enterprise server in the mix ?

would I need to purchase 30 more cals for enterprise or do they share the same cal's like the standard ver...?

Mark..