Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
obor

NT4 + 1394 Firewire

Is it possible?

I have a Cardbus 2-port IEEE 1394 that I need to install in a Windows NT4 laptop.

Is it possible to find drivers? I've looked everywhere, not finding anything.

HELP!

My guess is that NT4 is not supported, third party manufacturers are the best possible place to get working drivers for OS's like NT4 but I think there maybe a limitation to the OS itself, perhaps the Hot-Swap nature of firewire and usb could be the reason why you don't see devices like these for NT4, dunno wink

Nope...USB and Firewire aren't supported under Windows NT4. Its just too old, like Windows 95. There are third party USB drivers for NT4, but that support is pretty sketchy at best. Firewire support is just not there. I know this isn't much help, and you probably already know this....move to XP or 2000.

Quote:
Nope...USB and Firewire aren't supported under Windows NT4. Its just too old, like Windows 95. There are third party USB drivers for NT4, but that support is pretty sketchy at best. Firewire support is just not there. I know this isn't much help, and you probably already know this....move to XP or 2000.

I hate NT. I hate the fact that you cant use the Win+D shortcut. I hate the fact that you cannot select multiple windows on the taskbar with crtl+click. I hate NT.

I guess some people just like legacy OSes for some reason or another. But face facts, NT4 is dead as a mainstream OS. I am sure there are some businesses out there that still use it for older Office applications, but new Office software won't be NT compatible. The same goes for Windows 95/98/ME, 95 is dead. 98 is well on its way and it will take ME with it. Windows 2000 will be around for awhile....but XP is where its at.

This maybe true, but I know NT4 pretty well, at least I got to cut my teeth on it learning the whole PDC/BDC thing and how that works along with a client/server environment laugh