Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Radioactive Frog

link open in new window please!

Whenever i click on a link in Outlook it opens the page in an IE window that is already open! which is a pain as i am generally viewing many pages at once! and am still looking at that page!

Is it possible to make it open in a brnad new window each time? There must be a setting somewhere!!!!

im on XP

thanks

Darn, in Outlook Express you simply hold down CTRL and click, I just tried it in Outlook and that didn't seem to work. I will keep an eye out for you.

There is an option in IE which should do this. Look under Tools, Internet Options and then select the Advanced tab. Look for the setting 'Reuse windows for launching shortcuts' and uncheck it.

IE should open a new window when you click on an email shortcut.

You'll find that setting in IE under the Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced tab. Scroll down a little and look for the Reuse windows for launching shortcuts option. Uncheck this box.

I've found that sometimes this doesn't always work and it will still reuse windows on occasion. The only solution to this is to use a different browser, like one that supports TABbed web browsing is nice wink