Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SideWinder

NFS5 on Win2k again, I've tried everything *help plz*

Hi,

first sry for bad English - I don' speak it very often...

So I want to get NFS5 running on my Win2k system. I've tried yet:

- delete/rename gimme.dll

- swapfile size to 256MB

- cracked *.exe-file

- ACT with settings "Win98/ME"

But it still doesn't work. Are there any further things i can do? Help plz smile

Best regards,

SideWinder

Oh yes:

Windows2k with SP4

and my system:

Laptop

Intel Pentium 4 Mobile with 1,8GHz

640MB DDR-Ram

Geforce 4 Go with 32MB

OnBoard-Soundcard

but it also doesn't work at my PC with:

Intel Pentium 4 with 2,0GHz

512MB Rambus

Geforce 3 Ti 500 with 128MB

Creative Audigy Player retail

Best regards

SideWinder

That is tough, if all of those tricks still don't work. Try deleting gimme.dll while having your AGP Aperture size set to a lower amount like 64 MB. This option should be available in your BIOS.

You tried a cracked EXE, try doing that along with a No-CD patch too. I don't know if EA made a patch for NFS5, but you might wanna check around and see if there is one.

Quote:
That is tough, if all of those tricks still don't work. Try deleting gimme.dll while having your AGP Aperture size set to a lower amount like 64 MB. This option should be available in your BIOS.

You tried a cracked EXE, try doing that along with a No-CD patch too. I don't know if EA made a patch for NFS5, but you might wanna check around and see if there is one.

A no-CD-Patch doesn't work too.

Now i am going to try this BIOS-hack, *hope it works*

MfG SideWinder

Hmm, on my laptop i can't set the amout of the AGP Aperture size. There are no AGP-settings.

Maybe laptops don't have something like that - or just simulate it.

MfG SideWinder

All you need to do is use QFixApp (in the compatibility toolkit) to enable the "EmulateHeap" option. Just this option, no others are needed.

After doing this I would put back the gimme.dll file, because removing that breaks some things, like player portraits and LAN play...

I think all those hacks doesn't work because they want to emulate heap-ram, etc. so that the program doesn't take all the ram and then crashes.

but my nfs5 doesn't take all the ram and then crashes. The program starts and then it's black. after a few seconds it goes back to windows and nothing happens.

the program need only about 100MB of my ram

---

I've installed NFS5 again (so there is gimme.dll and no cracked exe, etc.) and tried CUVipers hack, but it doesn't work. the program ends after safedisk without the black screen. it just ends.

I've installed the newest drivers already!

Best regards

SideWinder

strange thing, but all i had to to to get nfs5 to work was to delete gimme.dll. Before deleting all i would see was a black screen, after deleting that file everything was ok. I know i am not being helpful though...

if nd4spd 5 == high stakes.

i finally got that to run by changing the registry entry for the video card entry under it. I have an old post about it somewhere..

the auto detect thing was just wrong.

edit..err nm i think HS is 4 not 5.