Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
techie32

Star Trek Armada goes really slow!

Star Trek Armada with the 1.2 patch runs ok in xp, but the actual gameplay is extremely slow. I've found this to be the case in pretty much any system over 2.0Ghz. I've tried a couple of programs that claim to "slow the processor down," but they just use up cpu time, rather than emulate a slow processor... already tried the app compatiblity toolkit, with no luck.

Good Day,

I have recently installed Star Trek Armada 1 (v1.2) on my Dell Dimension XPS G4, system. However, unlike Windows 2000, on a 1 GigHertz machine, Armada runs very slow even with 5 objects on the screen. I have tried all compatibility options I know of. If anyone knows the real bottleneck with this game, CPU or OS, please let me know.

Regards,

Keith Woodard

Don't have the game (just the demo) or a P4. Also visiting my parent's so I can't test the demo.

Don't know if hyperthreading is an issue for the game but might as well try it:

While in the game, switch back to the desktop, go into task manager and check the affinity on the game. It's possible that it doesn't like hyperthreading, so switch it to a single processor.

Hello

I want to play star trek armada recently,and i have the same problem.I know this is an old topic.But i think i solved the problem.I am not an english user(so i hope i dont write stupidity),actually i stole this account,because i dont want to register smile

So i try everything what you write,this is not a hyperthreading issue.I try to change compatibility mode,but didnot work also.When i trying things,once time it worked,i dont know why because later the probem comes up again.So i tried to reconstruct the parameters ,when it worked,and i wondered.When i opened an internet explorer window,minimized it and run the game it works normally.i tried 4 times again to be sure.i dont know how it possible,but it works.When i close the window it wrong again.I hope it dont depend on other parapeters,but i run it windows nt compatibility mode.

for the soundproblem: run dxdiag from startmenu/run and try to change hardware acceleration opinion.It works on basic acceleration(i dont know in english).