6-Channel Audio/4 ATA 133

LAN/RAID /6USB 2.0/ 3x1394

CPU AMD ATHLON XP +2100

HD WESTERN DIGITAL

SCSI PLEXTOR Cd-Recorder

Pioneer DVD-ROM

My problem is that my pc can't find my DRU510A

The connection inside the tower is the following

HD Western Digital is master (without jumper)and connected with a second hd with the jumber set to slave and the cable connected to IDE1

Then my Pioneer DVD-ROM is connected to IDE2 as master with the jumper set to master

My SCSI Plextor Cd-Recorder on the scsi card(AMD)

an finally my DRU510 which is set to IDE3 and even i tried to set it as master or slave or CSEL it's still like dead.

I see only the light indicator.

Please help i don't know what to check

Is it something inside the BIOS?

Anyone who knows anything please reply D

Most motherboards with built in RAID will not run anything but Hard Drives on the RAID connectors. Nothing in this board's manuals says anything about not being able to, but it always just mentions Hard Drives. Have you tried it as a slave or master to the Pioneer DVD drive?

Kai

Plus try out all cable positions. Master is closer to the board.

slave_______ master_____________________board

+----------------+-----------------------------------------+ <- ide cable

If this is the ide cable you usualy get best results if you connect like this, but first try as a single on ide1 or 2

also check to see if your mobo have a jumper to switch from raid to simple ata like some other mobos have(abit,msi etc.)

Your problem is that your motherboard contains a "normal" ATA133 IDE controller, which is on connectors IDE1 & IDE2, and a Promise RAID controller, which is on connectors IDE3 & IDE4.

The RAID controller will not recognise a CD device unless it is a slave on a channel with a HDD as master.

You need to swap the layout of your connectors:

• Hard drives on IDE3 & IDE4

DVD-ROM on IDE1

DVD +/- RW on IDE2[/list:u]BIG CAVEAT: be careful that you don't set the hard drives as part of a RAID array, because you'll lose data if you do that. I think there is some way of telling the RAID controller to see each drive separately, but I'm not sure of the exact method. If you don't want to use the RAID controller, you could put all of your IDE devices onto IDE1 & IDE2.

[EDIT]I've just checked your motherboard manual, according to page 37, you should be able to change the RAID controller into a bog-standard IDE controller in the BIOS (under the "Integrated Peripherals" section)[/EDIT]

Hope this helps,

Rgds

AndyF

Finally i woke up this morning and my mysterious brain worked and found the solution.

I activated on the bios the RAID as ATA133 and then i enter windows nut they still couldn't found the device.

In my device manager i had an error on RAID.

I installed the drivers for the raid controller in my windows and after a restart the device was found.

I couldn't make a burn test cause it was the time to go @ work

Thank you all for your interest

Quote:
also check to see if your mobo have a jumper to switch from raid to simple ata like some other mobos have(abit,msi etc.)

winkwink

S***t i have another prob now!!!

I have my dvd on the IDE3 but in nero the max speed is 2.4x!!!!! D