Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
radx

Oki 4w Making win2k using 100% CPU each 5sec

Hi folks,

I'm having a problem here.. I've got a OKIDATA 4W (not the plus model).

And when i install the NT4 drivers for win2k the printing works fine, but then after a few secs the computer starts to "hang" every 5secs for about half a sec.. And that's very annoying, any ideas to why it does this?

When i look in the taskmanager i can see about 3squares between every peek..

The program using all the memory is reported as "SYSTEM". So i guess it means "not displayed", huh?

Could it be a setting in my register that i can do something about?

currently i've uninstalled the drivers and the computer acts like normal.

Thanks alot

Heh, yeah, i guess... It's a bummer though..

i wish i never bought this damn printer..

it's small and everything, but papers get stuck and the printers on the web isnt really what you'd wish.. i mean even the installation program it self seams a bit "BETA" like, don't use the reboot choose in the end of the installation, thats dumb..

I should have gotten that HP printer instead.. though LED is nice.. hmm.. what ever, i hope oki gets their stuff together and releases som descent drivers soon enough, like 17feb i'm gonna email every company i've got stuff from and ask em nicely enough to popup some for me smile.gif

cya dude!

I emailed OKI support here in Norway asking for W2K-drivers, and they sent me betadrivers for 4w 4w+ 6w and 8w printers smile.gif

So far, these drivers seem to be working perfectly. No CPU-usage problems and no blue screens.

Email me: haatveit AT bigfoot.com and I can send you these drivers.

Thanks a lot for posting those drivers! That sure solved a big problem for me. Now I can finally go on and delete my win98 partition. I used to have win98 just for printing purposes...