Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tiza

Vcore voltage too high

i upgraded one of my pcs, a P3, 550mhz from w9x to w2k and soon after, started registering high Vcore voltage of between 2.04-2.09 with cpu temp going up to 49dc/111f. adding extra fun to improve cooling only brings it down to 100f. i suspect the cpu fan though its rotating but it may not be effective. am i correct in this, and what should i do. can i continue using the pc and what are the dangers iam offering to myself if i do.

should i change the cpu as a colleague suggested?

help

Quote:
i upgraded one of my pcs, a P3, 550mhz from w9x to w2k and soon after, started registering high Vcore voltage of between 2.04-2.09 with cpu temp going up to 49dc/111f. adding extra fun to improve cooling only brings it down to 100f. i suspect the cpu fan though its rotating but it may not be effective. am i correct in this, and what should i do. can i continue using the pc and what are the dangers iam offering to myself if i do.
should i change the cpu as a colleague suggested?
help

You just upgraded the os right? What was your vcore set at befoer the upgrade? You could look on the net and find what acceptable vcore for your P3 is and then lower it if you bios allows it.

If may only be the program that you are using to measure the temperatures that give you different readings for 98 and for 2K. How are you getting the temperatures?

Quote:
If may only be the program that you are using to measure the temperatures that give you different readings for 98 and for 2K. How are you getting the temperatures?

That does sound very reasonable.

unfortunately, i never checked before the OS upgrade. the High started five days after the upgrade. the default vcore setting is 2.0 in the bios and as a matter of fact lowering or raising has the same effect-no effect. settings, which i take to be the acceptable limit. the pc cannot boot normally and gives me an error message with two options: f1 to continue or del to go to hardware monitor.

i tried to continue using it even with the underlying danger, and not it has stopped freezing out. so i think i will leave off till somebody sorts me out. desparate!