Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Curley_Boy

Firebird stalls after extended periods of use

**I posted this on the mozillazine forums but didn't get any helpful responses, here's hoping you guys can help. smile

This seems to be a problem with all variants of the Netscape browser from version 6 onwards, including Mozilla & Firebird.

After I have been using the browser for several hours or so and then I leave my PC and come back to it after a time (either leave it running normally or use the hibinate function) the browser performance slows to a crawl and the disk activity shoots through the roof. I am assuming that FB (and the rest of it's extented family) load themselves into virtual memory after a preset period of time to save physical ram space and then load themeselves back from the pagefile into memory once the user resumes their session. Is there anyway to tweak or disable this as it is one of the few 'features' that really spoil my FB browsing experience.

Phoenix 0.5 Gecko/20021207 (rv:1.3a)

Windows XP Pro SP1

Dumping into virtual memory is handled by windows and not firebird. if this is the issu, not much you can do except for grab gobs more ram and disable swapfile.