Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tsonta101

Lost the Compatibility Tab!!!

I have somehow managed to lose the Compatibility Tab (when you see the properties of an application type file you have General, Security, Compatibility, Summary, right?). So now the Compatibility Tab doesn't appear at all. Do any of you know a way to bring it back?

thanks in advance

You could try this from a Run box, not sure if it works in XP or not, but I know it works in 2000.

regsvr32 %systemroot%\AppPatch\slayerui.dll

Hope that helps

It returns a LoadLibrary ("C:\windows\apppatch\slayerui.dll") failed. The specified module cannot be found. Any idea what this might be?

thanks in advance

Out of curiousity, did you happen to do a search for that file? (slayerui.dll)

If it is found, you can substitue the path when registering the dll.

Again, I've never tried that on an XP install, the file may not even be present.

Well, what do you know! The slayerui.dll file doesn't exist (isn't XP lovely!)... i am getting tired of it. But i have found a work around, bringing up Help & Support, searching for 'compatibility' returns a couple of results, one of which is the *Compatibility Wizzard" which let's you search for the .exe and alter its compatibility options.

This used to be a reason to reinstall windows (back with win98), but I am getting to old and too bored for such minor things now....

thanks for the help adamvjackson, much appreciated.