Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Guys need help determining what is causing system instabilit

ok if I run 3dmark or play games after about 30 sec my system reboots. My vid card is not overclocked, neither is my processor. is there any programs that would help me determine exactly what is causing my problems?

I have reinstalled vid drivers, dx etc etc also

Quote:
ok if I run 3dmark or play games after about 30 sec my system reboots. My vid card is not overclocked, neither is my processor. is there any programs that would help me determine exactly what is causing my problems?

I have reinstalled vid drivers, dx etc etc also

Memory perhaps? Have you tried running memtest?

Could be a number of things.

Perhaps your PSU.

That new worm also causes the system to reboot, or it did with my friends system.

Checked for any conflicts?

Is your version of windows updated?

PS is only like 5 months old its a 350W, win2k pro running here with SP4 and fully updated. No I dont have the worm have a great AV program checking all the time. Any ideas?

Get prime 95 and run the tourture test. If that runs for 24 hours without an error or stop, you can toss the CPU outta the mix of being a troublemaker.

Anti-Virus didn't find the worm right away!!! MAKE CERTAIN YOU DON"T HAVE IT, run the removal tool anyway.

i solved the problem. i forgot that a few months ago i upped the voltage on my cpu and ram for overclocking. i ended up giving up on over clocking the cpu but i forgot to put the voltages back to default. i changed it back andnow system runs great