Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GuyOwen

Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse and NT 4

I'm trying to use a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer under NT 4. The computer has USB Ports, but -- of course -- USB is not supported under NT. So you connect their USB to PS/2 Adapter. I install the Intellipoint Software version 4 -- doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Must be the old one then

THe new one is USB only

IT should pick up the mouse without any drivers

Yes, I checked the site and they do not list any PS/2 capability for the wireless version. Which brings me to another question, then -- there is NO support for USB devices under NT, correct?

The computer has USB ports, but my understanding is that no USB interfaces are understood or supported under Windows NT.

Quote:
To my knowledge that mouse will not work with PS/2

At least the newer one won't

The PS/2 adapter works for me everytime, even on older systems.
Have you checked the battery and have you tried the tiny connect botton on the mouse and the reciever?

If you plug the mouse into the USB port and then go into your BIOS and find some option about USB Mouse and USB Keyboard support provided by the BIOS instead of the OS, they should function as PS/2 devices under NT4. I am pretty sure on this...

I'll try it! I've never heard of it working, but that's why I'm the one asking the questions. Thanks!