Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PinkPanther

Turning Off Error Reporting, for real

Hello all

I already have error reporting turned off (in the advanced tab of my system's properties) But, in Outlook 2002, the error reporting continues to bug me with it's pop-up after it crashes (the pop-up that wants to send an error report). So, I assume I missed a key setting to turn of this thing for real, everywhere, all the time, so that no error reporting ever, ever, comes up asking me if I want to send an error report.

Any ideas if there is a registry setting, or some other setting to fully, without hope of resurrection, truly kill error reporting?

Thanks much

Quote:
Hello all

I already have error reporting turned off (in the advanced tab of my system's properties) But, in Outlook 2002, the error reporting continues to bug me with it's pop-up after it crashes (the pop-up that wants to send an error report). So, I assume I missed a key setting to turn of this thing for real, everywhere, all the time, so that no error reporting ever, ever, comes up asking me if I want to send an error report.

Any ideas if there is a registry setting, or some other setting to fully, without hope of resurrection, truly kill error reporting?

Thanks much

I'm assuming that this is under XP ;-).

Right click on my computer, and pull up system setup.
Go to the Advanced tab and click on error reporting.
Check disable error reporting.

You could also disable Error Reporting Services in services

Hi thanks for the reply.

In my original post, I mention that error reporting is already turned off. I have done so both in the system/advanced tab and in the services. But still, whenever Outlook crashes, the error reporting persists.

I am indeed using Windows XP, sorry for not mentioning that in my original post.

My guess is that there is one other spot exists for error reporting specific to Office applications, maybe, or for some reason, some other things is happening which is preventing my system from accepting the turning off of error reporting frown

I'm betting that this is application specific and that there maybe an option under the settings of Outlook 2002. I'm not sure where however cause I'm still using Outlook 2000 wink

Perhaps there is some info at microsoft's site about this.

Well if you've already disabled error reporting in the system tab and services console and it didn't work, you could always try disabling the windows debugger in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version

delete the 'AeDebug' subkey (after backing it up of course).