Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mel907

Seeking Epson Stylus Scan 2500 driver for XP!

I am seeking an Epson Stylus Scan 2500 driver for XP. Epson does not have one listed on its drivers page and I have e-mailed them but am waiting for a reply. Does such a driver exist? Anyone know where I can get my hands on it?

Thanks much.

You are out of you luck. Epson would't have scanner drivers for new Windows OS. They encourage you to buy a new scanner in stead. I have ESC 1000 scanner which I payed closed to $900 a few year ago. But they would not develop new driver for Windows 2000. Therefore, I stop buying any Epson product anymore.

Kai Lau

I agree with Kai. I am done with buying Epson products. A new XP driver for Stylus Scan 2500 could have been developed, but yep! Epson wants you to buy a new printer/scanner. I will... but it WON'T be an Epson. Installing a Win2000 driver as Tomay suggests can make your system unstable. I don't think it's worth the risk.

I have not bough Epson since they refused to provide an xp driver (claiming that it would conflict with a popular 56k PCI modem) for the 5100.

a google search turned up a .pdf file from epson saying to download the windows 2000 driver and use it on xp. I tried it, and it worked. I did not manage to get smart panel working; the epson instructions are a bit muzzy on if and how that can be accomplished. See http://ftp.epson.com/pdf/ss2k__/ss2k__ps.pdf

Now if you can find how to use the 2500 on vista... there will be a few more all-in-one printers that do not have to pollute the refuse heap.

How about if Epson makes their old drivers open software, so a few good hackers could keep our old still-good printers working?

Open software for Epson antique drivers, and the interface requirements for vista printer drivers - what would it cost Epson? I'm not likely to buy their new printers now if they do not continue support for their old ones.

Any word on success with Linux drivers?

cheers

Epson are notorious for this, I have a StylusPro 9600 printer, which cost $10,000.00 in Australia 2 years ago. And Epson Australia tell me that they will not be providing drivers for Vista.

It might well be worth your while thinking outside the square and trying another software package like Vue-Scan or Silverfast.