Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Christianb

Windows 2000 SP4: Fat 32 Disk Space Free Delays

Hi Gang,

Has anyone else noticed that Win2K Sp4 isn't up[censored] the ammount of disk space free immediately or sometimes at all? I'll permanently delete (skipping the recycle bin entirely) a 700Meg file and it'll still read 135MB free. This is on a 45 GB partition! I'm curious if anyone else is experiencing this? I ran chkdsk with free disk space checking on all the drives and it's still doing that:(.

Adios Amigos,

Christian

Check and see if the fils have gone to recycle bin, if u dont' hold shift key while delete your files may not be "truely" deleted.

If that's not the case, then there may be problem with the hard disk. Go to command prompt -> type "chkdsk /v /f" then restart

See if these suggestions fixes your problem

You only have 135MB Free on a 45GB? That is the problem right there if that is the case...

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback.

New Umbrella,

I deleted the file permanently it neither exists in the current folder nor in the recycle bin. It's gone and still the free disk space was not updated.

CyberGenX,

While it is a problem that I only have 135MB free, the problem is that after I delete a 700MB file that value go 135MB to 835MB free immediately.

Thanks Again Guys,

Christian