Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duhmez

Stumped. Cannot delete Folder from mounted folder volume

I mounted an ntfs driver in the empty folder f:\Games.

Now I can never delete any folder from the volume. Both disks and folders have Everyone full control.

?!?!? Any ideas?

(I get the access denied, the folder may be in use blah blah for every folder I try to delete.)

Have you tried restarting the machine? There could be a service attached to the drive.....like the logical disk manager......

Or you could start the recovery console and delete it from the command line....

Also of note, i can delete files without issues, just the folders.

Not encrypted. And for the record, this is not a shared folder, its a mounted volume. i am at the local machine and tyring to delete the folder. The reason i set it up is,, f: is full. F:\Games is where my games need to be. F:\Games is a 60 gig mounted volume, and F: is an 80 gig.

Anyhoo, i gave my local acocunt full control explicitly.

Didn't work.

It's the strangest thing I've ever seen, not being able to delete ANY folder...........

Bingo, that's exactly it. I can't believe they would make the mounted voume feature so %$#@&$ WEAK.

Strange after reading tha article, it says the mounted drive cant recognise the recycle bin, but I can delete files just fine, and they goto the recycle bin.

From 200 to XP and this issue is not resolved. Weak, very weak.

At least I have a workaround. i searched MS knowledge base and could not find anything.

Most likely this is not a big issue as probably only a few users out there, like you for instance wink

Well, it is a big issue for ANYONE that will use this feature. It's broken and never should have been implemented. if a feature "Doen't work" as this one does, it should not be an option until its fixed.

I agree but in this case I've only come across one other user that actually used this feature. I'm not trying to make light of the situation but I have to say this is most likely a very little used feature of Windows.

Well -- I'm another of these poor saps that's trying to use a broken feature of XP. And it's now SP2 days and it's still broken.

Thank god for jmmijo - I went all over MS site searching without luck. Searchin MS is a definte art - bloody impossible for me to ever find anything.

I agree with duhmez - the damn thing (feature - aka BUG) should never have been implemented or at the very least it should have been fixed by now (SP2).