Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
prum555

How to delete unused pagefile.sys?

Hi..

I have 2 hard drives in my system and I assigned the pagefile to my second hard drive. When I ran Perfect Disk it reported that the pagefile.sys in my first hard drive is still there and is very fragmented. How can I remove it from my system? Any suggestion? TIA. ;(

Prum555

Hi Prum555,

You should just be able to delete the sucker. If for some reason windows has protected the file just reboot on a floppy disk and delete it from dos. If you don't have a bootable floppy then I suggest you go to www.BootDisk.com. Also what the heck is Perfect Disk? Who makes it? Super-Glue Inc.? (only kidding laugh for all I know it's a core util of Windows 2003 Server )

Cheers,

Christian

ChristianB

Thanks for your suggestion. Forgot to mention that I use NTFS and DOS bootdisk won't work with NTFS. BTW, I used Norton's Cleansweep to locate the file and removed it.

BTW, Perfect Disk is a very good utilities that is an altermative to Executive's Diskeeper....

Thx.

prum555 laugh

Hi Prum,

Actually there are NTFS supporting Boot Floppies however the only freeware solution I'm aware of at this time is read-only and you have to pay for Write access frown. Well I'm glad you got it removed.

Happy 4oJ,

Christian

thats a great program i use it as well. It keeps my computer running very smooth, and stable.

The problem he ran into was he couldnt delete a defunct page file, so he didnt need to defrag it.