Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cazzman

Remote Desktop Connection

Yelllllo,

this problem is really annoying me, caus i cant figure it out.

i have 2 computers with win2kprosp3, and remote desktop connection off the winxpro disc.

RDC is on both computers and im wanting to control each computer from the other computer(gaming reasons).

i have winroute on comp1, which is the comp which connects to the internet. I can use the internet from comp2 via ICS,(im posting from comp2 now) but to access comp1's files from comp2 i need a password, and vice-versa. but i cannot figure out why RDC doesn't work. I set it all up with the right settings and passwords, it sends 4 or 5 packets then carks it self with an error message( the client could not connect to the remote computer. Its something to do with permissions i think, but i dont know where to set them.

anyhelp would be hot,

thanks,

Cazzman.

You can not control either computer via RDC because Win2k Pro does not support remote desktop (Terminal Services).

Win2k Server supports 2 remote logins (In remote administration mode, more in Application server mode).

WinXP Pro (Home does not) supports 1 active session, either console or remote.

and

Win 2003 Server supports multiple connections as did Win2k Server albeit in a slightly different manner.

As far as the being prompted for a password, it is indeed because you will have to have matching accounts (usernames and passwords) on both machines. (Unless of course you have a domain setup wink )

Clear as mud now?