Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zoooom

frontpage ext user organization

I have a domain controller with iis and frontpage 2k2 extensions. I already know its a bad idea to place iis on a domain controller but its a testing station and its the only server in the office that makes any sense to put it on. ( actually now that I think about it.. There is another server i can put it on.. but the following question will still sortof apply )..

Basically whenever I add users in frontpage it creates these ugly group names and stuff.. like OWS_xxxxxxxx_admin. Which is good because it secures each website.. But i dont want all these things floating the active directory. Isnt there a way fp2k2 can just put them all in an organizational unit.. or even better can i create the groups manually? I dont mind doing this because I want it to be human readable and organized.. Hey i just basically answered my own question. All i gotta do is rename em and put them in an ou! Thanks for the help guys.

LOL

Any particular your environments needs FPextensions? Just curious why you don't use IIS FTP to update web sites.

Is it uneducated users?

Yeah some users have some projects setup that use frontpage extensions. Its not really a not know how to use ftp thing its just more of a convinience thing.. They like their frontpage. Personally im not a fan of frontpage or ftp. Ftp is old crappy protocol. One time I literally ripped my hair out trying to configure iis ftp to work behind a nat'd firewall. Some of the newer microsoft apps dont even use ftp anymore.