Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ConQueso

Importing mugshots into Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2003

Oof. Window crashed and I lost the clipboard (of this original post, only more detailed) ;(

OK, this'll be a much shorter version.

EA didn't seem to include an easy way to do this, so I figured out my own way. This appears to fake DDS files. That is, it seems DDS isn't completely tied to a .TGA format (which is why I didn't edit from the original mugshot image, couldn't get it to open in PS even after renaming it to .TGA).

NOTE: Do this at your own risk. Might cause problems. Haven't tried this for online games, as I don't intend to play online.

I suggest following these steps exactly, and deviate from them only after an acceptable image is created that the game displays correctly. Several very noticable glitches were present in slight changes from the below discription.

What you need: A good image editing program, that can do layers and .TGA file formats (I used Photoshop 5.0 LE); an image(s) of the face(es) you want to import, converted to .TGA format; TW:PGAT2003.

In the ...EA SPORTS\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2003\Courses\Prince, open PRILOGO.TGA

Make a copy of this file.

Do the following to the copy of the file (not the original)

Crop this image to a square image (hold down shift or ctrl) including the top left pixel, and with the bottom just under the dark grey pixes of the lower circle. (the circle will not be perfectly centered, but looks fine in gameplay anyway, so don't sweat this detail)

Resize this image to 120x120.

Copy the only layer. Use the eyedropper tool to get the color of the brightest white between the tree and the text. Make a layer under the copied layer that is filled with this white color.

Switch back to the circle layer. Paint this color over only the tree and text, and not over the metallic looking circle or it's nearby shadows.

Use the magic wand tool (tolerance 20 or so) to cut out the center of the circle. It should look no different, of course, unless you hide the two bottom layers. Hide these layers if necessary to verify that there is a hole in the top layer.

The following things go in the ...EA SPORTS\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2003\Data\Players directory.

Save this file as TEMPLATE.PSD (or whatever the extension is of a work in progress for your image editor). Save the file again as TEMPLATE1 (with extension) Use the template files for additional mugshots being carefull not to save over the template.

Open the converted-to-TGA-format image of the face. Crop a square with the top edge being at the top edge of the head/hat, and the bottom being just below the adam's apple. (lower is OK, but makes the mugshot have less detail.) This should be centered horizontally about the face.

Resize the cropped image to 80x80. Drag this image onto the TEMPLATE1 file. Change it from the top layer to the layer just under the circle layer. Erase the background (of the face layer as need be so that only the face and shoulders show in the circle.

Save this file as the players name and as a work in progress file (.PSD for PS). Then "Save a Copy" as a .TGA file, flattened, 32 bit with alpha channels included. Rename this file from [player name] to [player_name]_pic.dds . Do not use spaces. Example: bob_smith_pic.dds . Do not leave the TGA extension at the end. Be sure to have this file in the ...EA SPORTS\Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2003\Data\Players directory.

This image should now (hopefully) be available in the customize golfer submenu.

laugh