Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Running Anti-Virus check weekly question

Ok, I set NAV to run once a week at x time. The primary account that I use is not the administrator account. Its a power user account with some custom modifications reguarding some permissions.

Here is my problem:

I have the admin account running and logged on or disconnected the task runs fine, doesnt matter who is logged on.

If the admin account is logged off the scheduled task won't run. I have another app that i schedule to run under the admin account and the workstation just runs the app no problems or questions, that is with the account logged off, not in disconnect mode.

I have been trying to get this to run but it will not. Is there some way to curcumvent this process or to have the account log on and log off at a certain time so that this will complete?

In the schedule properties where you specify who to run as... you didn't accidentally mistype the admin password?

Jim

I didnt solve the problem so I circumvented it. For some reason the Norton Task Scheduler is retarded so I made my own task using the windows one. Tested it and the timer ran perfectly. It seems that NAV will only let admin's have access to the program, as per Designed for Windows XP logo standards.

Anyway everything is running the way it should not, and I can go on using this account in a limited mode, and keep the admin account for what its supposed to be.

I'm a little confused (nothing unusual there) what exactly is different that makes yours work? Unless I'm reading something more into what you said the only thing I see different is you created the scheduled task that works. You had the Norton generated task set to run as admin if I read correctly... ;(

Jim

the problem is the way the norton task scheduler creates the task. I dont want the main account i use running scheduled tasks because of conflicts in security settings. So i run them under the admin account.

The way my user accounts are set up are the account im using now

Account 1 = Power User

Account 2 = Built in Admin

NAV will not let a power user schedule a task within it, and will not even give users rights to access it. So thus the .job file is invisible to the power user account. THAT is why it would not run, because the account didnt see the file. So instead I created the same scheduled task using the Create New Task button from the Scheduled Tasks folder, and set all the properties the same. So if the admin account is not logged on by time the task is scheduled to run it will not run, because nobody but the admin sees that task. I wanted it to run in a passive mode, so that even if no accounts were logged on then the task would still run. NAV wouldnt let me so i made my own file and said the hell with symantecs task scheduler.