Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rodzilla

MS ffpro1 joystick..any help for controlling this?

i have an older MS force feedback pro joystick,gameport version...i know a lot of people seem to have trouble getting this stick to work in win2k/xp...i don't have that problem... it works just fine.but i have no control over the force feedback unless the game itself allows it...but most games don't go beyond a simple on/off option for FF...and the default setting when turned on seems to be "high" which means i have to literally fight this stick for control...it's stiff,it's tiring and it makes it very difficult to use decently...

in win98 these settings were/are controlled by the stick's software via the control panel.but the software control is not available to me for win2k...

does anyone have any ideas on how to control just the overall level of force feedback...i don't know of any drivers other than the OEM versions that come with the OS,are there any others?does anyone know of a registry hack possibly?this doesn't have to be easy,but it would seem simple enough...there must be a way!