Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

Anyone know why Nvidia pulled the new nForce drivers?

Anyone know why Nvidia pulled the new nForce drivers?

Never did figure that out.

ok, I had no problems with them.

thank god I downloaded them and kept them on my puter

smile

The XP IDE drivers are supposedly FUBAR, it's all over nforcershq. I have my HDD on a seperate controller (w/ a Silicon Image Sil680 chipset) so they don't seem to be a problem but several people are having difficulties with them.

edit: The audio drivers are also a couple of revisions older than what was supposed to be included, like the IDE drivers that slipped through the nVidia QA net.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=9639

http://www.nforcershq.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=637

Many folks have reported:

Memory performance dropped

More audio issues

Hard drive spinning up & down during reboot and random clicking noises

Driver uninstall OS death featur...err bug

Maybe a clean install would be better but I'll stick with the 2.03 until nvidia gets it's crap together.

I recently did a clean WinXP install and used the 2.41 drivers. I didn't install the Nvidia SW IDE driver (I never do anymore) becuase it won't let me burn in Nero. I haven't had any problems so far.

Quote:
More audio issues

This would most likely be because version 3.37 of the audio driver was included in the pack instead of the 3.39 (IIRC) revision we were promised.

I can burn CD-RWs (I haven't tried CD-Rs yet mainly because I don't have any spare at present) in Nero and they seem to work alright although I did notice I can only read/write them at about a quarter of what my burner is capable of (12X Read/4X Write as opposed to the 48X Read and 12X ReWrite speeds it capable of) but I don't know whether that the media or the drivers.