Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

New nForce 2.14 WHQL Drivers released

Quote:
New and highly anticipated nForce 2.14 drivers are out. They come in 9x,2k, and XP flavours.

www.nvidia.com

You using it now? How's it going with your board? I have the same.

had some probs switching over the IDE drivers other than that everything is good. The sound quality is great.

I'm running them here, nothing seems out of place, even my Radeon 9500 Pro works fine.

I'm having a couple of issues though, such as not being able to boot an OS with my RAM (cheap DDR333) set to 166Mhz and not being able to install Windows XP from a slipstreamed SP1 disc (and only barely being able to install it from a non slipstreamed disc) but these aren't related to the drivers.

Actually, now that I look at it, there is something odd about these drivers: The USB controllers aren't specifically identified as being USB 2.0, is this normal?

Quote:
Actually, now that I look at it, there is something odd about these drivers: The USB controllers aren't specifically identified as being USB 2.0, is this normal?
When I installed the drivers that came with the a7n8x deluxe it said that you need SP1 on xp to enable usb 2.0. The usb controler is not identified in the device manager...it does work though.

Quote:
I'm running them here, nothing seems out of place, even my Radeon 9500 Pro works fine.

I'm having a couple of issues though, such as not being able to boot an OS with my RAM (cheap DDR333) set to 166Mhz and not being able to install Windows XP from a slipstreamed SP1 disc (and only barely being able to install it from a non slipstreamed disc) but these aren't related to the drivers.

Word of advice...crappy RAM will run crappy. I have Samsung 512MB DDR 333 and I have to run it at 266 Mhz for it to work. I'm buying Mushkin

Nvidia pulled the new drivers for some reason, dunno why.

Quote:
Word of advice...crappy RAM will run crappy. I have Samsung 512MB DDR 333 and I have to run it at 266 Mhz for it to work. I'm buying Mushkin

I knew that when I bought it but the earliest I'd be able to get some decent RAM (I have my eyes on one of the Corsair TWINX dual channel RAM kits although I'm not sure yet if I want 512Mb or 1Gb yet) is 6-8 weeks and I didn't really want to have to wait that long so I bought this as a "get up and running" solution until then.