Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duhmez

Virtual PC 5.2, throttle CPU how?

I was reading form the release notes on VPC 5.x that i can specify the Mhz of the emulated CPU thereby slowing it down.

i am using VPC to play magic the gathering on a win98 guest, and its playing too fast, the little dude runs way to fast. if I could slow it down it would be perfect. (The game wont run on windows 2000 for me, even though the games section here says it should, go figure)

im runing the latest VPC, 5.2.

I scoured the VPC helpfile too and could not find it.

Odd, I've never seen that feature. If your using the DOS ver then I recommend trying DOSBOX. It's much more compatible for REAL mode games than VPC is.

Dosbox looks great but not for this app. it was written for win9x, and I believe it used directdraw. I installed the game and the latest patch under win2k, and the card expansion set, and it wont run. So no bigie, i have a fast PC I fire up virtual pc. Works good but too fast when runing around the forest.

As for the throttle CPU, I dont see the otion either, but I distinctly rememeber when i got my email from conectix when 5.0 came out that a feature to throttle cpu was in there. Hoing someone here would know which would be faster than an email to connectix. I'll scour through my old emails to make sure i was not on crack about this, and if so I'll fire off email to connectix.