Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

Intel 3.06Ghz 800Mhz FSB HyperThreaded CPU: Good read!

Only thing I am missing is the 800FSB CPU

Got Dual WD Raptors and Corsair ram, now I need that 2.4c to come out

My WD 120SE scored around 29000 on sandra, and my dual raptors score 69000, and average sustained rate of 97mb

Quite nice

Quote:
My WD 120SE scored around 29000 on sandra, and my dual raptors score 69000, and average sustained rate of 97mb

What kind of RAID controller are you running? I was under the impression there was a serious lack of decent SATA controllers. I was only aware of the Silicon Image and Intel's onboard one were true SATA controllers.

These guys who tested this system don't seem to be very accurate. the frequency is NOT 3.06 GHz, but it is 3.00GHz. I hope they didn't do the same while they were running the tests! laugh

that is not the only BIG thing that intel is not going to change for few months. Intel Centrino Mobile tech. is working really good. we have started selling them at work and they are Niiiiicceeee, with two thumbs up. in fact i like them much MUCH better than p4-M's. My coworker liked them so much that he bought one right away.

P4's over clock incredibly - i mean 2.4 - 3.1 woith sotck voltage and a cheap fan.

from oen person i know has the 3.0c they got it to 3.6 easily off the bat.

[quote="AlecStaar"

I did a bit of reading on those the last few weeks someplace online, I believe it was ZDNet...

(Better power consumption & cooler running, correct?)

smile

APK

A LOT better cooling, and a LOT SMALLER battery that will last about the same ammount of time as the big ones. it also runs at 1.6GHz. i have thested the 1.3 Ghz one though but it feels like working on a 2.4 Ghz Desktop. it has ATI r. 9000 Mobile, and a SXGA screen. (1280x1024 native resolution) and bluetooth, wireless lan, intel pro nic.

even at Ultra Low power mode (600Mhz) it still runs very well. with windows XP it doesn't feel like 600 Mhz at all, everything works just fine.

i thing it is because if the 1MB cache on the CPU. these ones make other laptobs look like a joke. especially the ones with p4's.

this is what going to be hot for next few months for sure.

Never deared to open it up and look at the CPU. I don't think it is a socket 370 CPU (doesn't look like it, the laptop is way too small and thin for a socket 370, it just won't fit, unless they come up with a crazy design)

It is only for laptops, Centrino is not the name of the CPU. it is the combinition of the CPU, motherboard chipset and the onboard lan, wireless lan, and the BlueTooth. if any of that is missing intel will not let the manufacturer put the Centrino logo on it.

the P4 Nothwood chips C1 stepping take the cake

they are saying this new p4 2.4c could be the next "magic chip" people have also been hitting the 3.4g mark easily with these chips - week 9 and 10 i beleive.

Wouldn't the 2 Raptors on top of each other overheat? IMHO you are better off putting one in the lower drive bays.

does the P4 2.66GHz processor contain hyper threading technology?? when does Intel start adding HT technology into its processors?

The following CPU's have Hyperthreading enabled:

Northwood B (533Mhz) 3.06Ghz

All Northwood C (800Mhz)

All Northwood B CPU's have had HT built in, however this is disabled at the factory and cannot be enabled, despite what some sites have said.

Quote:
Wouldn't the 2 Raptors on top of each other overheat? IMHO you are better off putting one in the lower drive bays.

So far they work fine together.

Problem is the lower bay has a fan, and the drives stick out too much

As to not start a war or anything..

the specs in my signature (I haven't bothered changing them yet) show an AMD Barton 3000+ system, only after a month did I ditch it and am now awaiting my Intel setup.

I thus far have received the OCZ Dual Channel RAM, the Zalman 7000 HSF and the P4P800 board...waiting for the processor, 2.8 "C" P4 (great! lol).

After just fooling with the P4P800 board itself, I will NEVER go back to AMD again. I mean, the i865PE chipset on the p4p800 is ready for Prescott (so i'm prepared for Intel's next chip design), and thanks to Asus, you can enable the so called "only in i875 chipsets" PAT feature, which is now 100% available on i865PE chipsets called HyperPath or "Memory Performance Mode"

double the FSB, 700 Mhz more clock, and HyperThreading and now HyperPath technology....no thanks AMD, I'm staying with Intel.

we have just recieved Intel D865PERL mobo and we can not get it to post.

we have tried 400/533/800 fbs cpu's on it and tried it with all kinds of memory configs (ddr 266/333/400/ tried single and dual) but no post. all of our VGA cards are AGP4x though.

anybody has got this mobo working?

we have also recieved D865GLC, i have got it working and have windows XP home installed but with any CPU/Memory config it is "unstable".

apps crashing, and not seem to be working as good as earlier systems.

it is really fast (you could feel the difference)

does these intel boards with any i865 series work fine?