Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
adamvjackson

NTCompatible Benchmark Test "DragRace" results in.

heck why not - i need to burn in my o/c'd system more, maybe my water cooling set up will arrive today so i can get that extra 2,300mhz out of it,

email is

mathiau@quickring.com

laugh

Possible problem m8

it is reporting my CPU as a P II with MMX @ a clock rate of 1592mhz....

?

On my 2.4 o/c to 3.0 is says it is a 1999mhz.

Seem this program get cahed wel - on ym oc machine my ram copy avg went from 989 the first time ti 1898 the 2nd time smile

Quote:

WinTune97 Jer, that's quite a bit diff. than the 98 version actually, & simpler to use this one (more local based, 98 one exports to the web & to a now dead CMP publishing site for the old Windows magazine is why... won't work anymore properly really for comparison' sake).

good thing because WinTune98 crashed my home machine.

addendum to my email to u apk

i get the same results while

defragging

playing hero's 4

castle wolfenstein (emena territory)

or rendering toolpath (engineering app)

I'm in.

Dual Athlon MP 2600+, Asus A7M266-D

768 MB cas 2.5 Registered ECC ddr.

8500LE 128 MB

i am curious about the video part myself! - was this on my dell 2.4 or the 2.4 overclcoked to 3.0?

i have a ti4600 overclocked to 319 / 724 (300/648 stock) - i should maybe try it @ stock see what it does (this is on my 2.4 @3.0 machine with 512 pc3200)

on my dell i got the radeon 9700 PRO

a tweaker man himself!

once my water cooling parts arrive my O/C box is geeting tweaked beyond recognition!! smile

the 9700 pro likely would give better results, although wiht my over clocked ti4600 i do get high Framerates in some tests, but the actual design of the board would likely provide better vide result, will have to messs around with that today.

Would post my results but I packed my PC up yesterday for my move back to the States. (Leave tommorow).

They'd probably suck anyways since I really haven't upgraded my computer since last september...except for the AIW 9700 I bought 2 weeks ago.

But once I get settled ya'll better watch out! Muahahahhaahh! smile

^^^ i didn't say that!..lol

Well,

i am going to format both my system either today or tommorw - depends, girlfriend will be over tonight wink

2003 is just not running right for some reason on my system frown - likely a bad install.

once i format both machines and such - i will rerun 97" and send it to yeah of a clean fresh install on both with latest drivers and all.

i am likely instead of getting a new Rambus mobo for my dell - just going to get a enw 875 shipset board, likely abit IC7 and some pc3500 and put the 2.4 in there and overclock the life out of it smile

i like fans myself - my onw case i got 3 3000rpm fans in the case - just bought a dremel so added some holes ot the case, but i want water cooling on my main O/C rig, wha t ever it may end up being, then i will have my second system, likely all air cooled, with some serious case mods for extra fans.

i may wait till monday to format as i need to buy a new case anyways and see if my water cooling arrives.

not sure.

Anything you would mayeb want me to try on a freshly formated system?

My Athlon 2600+ are @ 2133 Mhz.

My c: Disk is a western digital 20 gig ata 100. the drive is partitioned in 2, c: is 3 gig (os) d: is the rest (15 gig) and is fat32.

My ram is ECC DDR, pc2100, and cas 2.5. (ECC slows it down some but I'm all about stability)

And pc2100 is the highest the AMD 760 MPX chipset supports.

I was surprised by my lousy ram read performance. The benchmark did say my ram performance was "extremely low" for a machine of this class.

Is this ecc in action?

this test wont run more than 1 thread and doesnt do well with scsi devices.

my system will precache a little but for the most part only uses 25% of the processors.

i did get things to stall while running the test and a java based rendering program thats multithreads to death.

other than that i got the same numbers while doing anything else.

Just make sure that he doesn't go overboard. I see way too many people dump tons of change on hardware that thet wouldn't ever even use 1/4 of it's capacity and the next day it's obsolete. Hell, A machine that could run Doom 3 at playable speed would probly be in the $1500 range and even then I'm placing the figure way too high.

Upgrading like mad is fun but it's definetly not necessary especially with the compters of today.

great work m8

Quote:

5.) Single Athlon @ 3 ghz - Mr. G.

hehe, siungle p4.

now i do have have the drives - my E drive is a 70g parittion and has 57g free.. my c is strcikly my OS and office, thas it.

as for envy..lol i can see why - i dont mind it though i usually only tweak my Overlocking rig.

i used to @ one point format once of twice a week!!! cause i experiment with so many programs and such.

So after this format, we going to do a round 2 , haha

nice results, especially on the floating point info, very impressive! not working tonight - going to the computer store to get some thigns - so may do some tweaking tonight on my system smile

mr. freak is correct i think. this machine isnt much faster than any other 2.2ghz p4 (although with 600+ pins there are a few more embedded instructions)

it'll multitask like nuthin else and a few apps will multithread all over the place. i been on a computer for a very very long time and i hate waiting for sunthin to get done before starting sunthin else.

so to that end i will always have the fastest dual intel i can afford.

anyway to answer the fpu/mips thing using sandra unicode 2003

i get

+13,000 mips

+3700 fpu

8000 fpu@sse2

i would say a total of 20-40% over normal 2 processors

system:

2.2ghz xeon 400fsb (x2)

supermicro p4dc6+ mobo

512meg rambus @800 (need more now)

adaptec u160 scsi (onboard)

ibm 15k scsi hd

geforce4 ti4200 128

... and other bull do-do

This is going to be hilarious. I'm going to run Wintune 97 on my Parent's Compaq! I replaced the K62-380 in there last night with my ol' K63-400 from 1999 and the difference was VERY noticeable. Been awhile since I used such a low end system but I'm still suprised that I can do what I'm currently doing. Playing MP3's off of my USB drive over USB1 using the crappy integrated audio with NO CRACKLING! 8)

I stuck in a Geforce 4 MX 64mb last year because they were using a crappy ATI RAGE with 8mb (4mb shared) video memory. Hopefully going to find a new Radeon on Geforce at the store today.

Also replaced their 8gb drive with a 60gb Maxtor last year. I'm thinking the controller only supports up to 80gb so I'm gonna pick up a WD 80gb too. Unfortunately they only have 2 PCI slots. 1 Geforce 4 MX and 1 33.6 PCI mode. I'm gonna rip out the PCI modem and stick a Audigy 2 in there and hook up an External US Robotics 56k.

Should have seen it. I arrive here last night and immediately get on the net and connect at speeds below 9600baud! AHHHHH!!! All modem settings were set to 115k and no modem settings were tweaked. I immediately set all settings to 56k and used System Mechanic to tweak but I was still getting varying connect speeds. I finally forced everything to 33.6 and now this thing connects pretty constant at 33.6! Woohoo! Hopefully I can get it in the 44's with the External Modem. They're hillbilly's up here...heck the nearest ISP must be like 10-15 miles away....if that. I'll post some picks of our land in another thread....took some yesterday with a digital cam.

Off to run some benchmarks to laugh at! smile

Quote:
Jerry A now joined... & got me his results, going to compare them now in fact!

(Neat, we're getting results back, & I sent you Mr. G's & mine too to compare with Jerry A/Lex Luthor... love that email handle by the by!)

Duhmez!!!

Get IN HERE man with that Dual Athlon setup... that's probably the route I'll take next round in fact paired with that Buffalo Technology DDR 466 & GeForce FX 900 "Ultra"... imagine that!

smile

* I do want to see how your Duallie Athlon does in this test...

APK

I am interested to see that as well

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Jerry A now joined... & got me his results, going to compare them now in fact!

(Neat, we're getting results back, & I sent you Mr. G's & mine too to compare with Jerry A/Lex Luthor... love that email handle by the by!)

Duhmez!!!

Get IN HERE man with that Dual Athlon setup... that's probably the route I'll take next round in fact paired with that Buffalo Technology DDR 466 & GeForce FX 900 "Ultra"... imagine that!

smile

* I do want to see how your Duallie Athlon does in this test...

APK

I am interested to see that as well

You can man... the results are up in those charts above, & they're pretty interesting... everyone's system got a piece of the pie in the "Winner's Circle" pretty much!

smile

* & this is a GOOD "guide/indicator" of what parts to buy & how to tune them etc. if you intend to architect & construct another system in the future, part of WHY I run these tests on forums periodically over time since 1998 with each said forums fastest systems in the running!

APK

LOL.. I completely missed that page. I am used to forums going to the last page when you click on the topic. I responded to the last post on the first page.... I need an undo button.

Quote:
LOL.. I completely missed that page. I am used to forums going to the last page when you click on the topic. I responded to the last post on the first page.... I need an undo button.

i thought there was sunthin funny
but at 4am i thought it was just me laugh

well, no formatin last night - went out and bough parts for the g/f new computer!

get her off this old pII 500 and 128mb of memory with windows XP - who ever decide to put XP on it was not to bright!

so yeah

getting her a nice 40g / p4 something - probably 2.4 - a G4 MX 64mb and a17" lcd - using my old P4S533 board since it is collecting dust

quiet the change from her 15" crt and micro atx system with an rage chip 8mb!

she is moving into a new place so plan to put this in her room with her tv (has a room m8) so she can have the tvout of the card to watch movies and dvd and getting her some good speakers - i hate to see someone start up winamp 2.x and it takes like5 mins for it to start cause the system memory is @ 156! so serious HD usage there - iw ould tweak it, but it is in spanish - scary how well i know windows, can find my way around fine!