Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sapiens74

NVidia about to take what looks to be a BIG lead again...

499 bucks they can keep it..

Why does everything else in computer get cheaper except video cards?

Quote:
499 bucks they can keep it..

Why does everything else in computer get cheaper except video cards?

Law of supply and demand thing. High end gamers will pay to have the hottest thing the day it's available. If you stay just 1 generation back the prices are reasonable. It happens with all the high visibility parts like cpu's and hard drives as well.

Jim

i'll stick with my All-In-Wonder 9700 pro. does the job in unreal ii, gun metal and the rest of the games (so far).

and i paid only $400 CAD for it (i won't pay $699 for a video card anyways).

as always - tell them to turn on AA and AF to full - then come back with a test!

it is better cause thry went back to DDR-I - which allows a 256bit where as DDR_II is limited to 128, this is why they can get 27g memory bandwidth as opposed to 16.

Beside if i was to spend the $700 canadian for it, i would rather get the 256mb 9800 that are out for $799 canadian.

Count me out then till then come in around 350 or under.

I paid less for my CPU, Motherboard combined.

Still can't figure that one out.

Another thing, dont forget NVIDIA is huge in on DOOM III - what are the chances the preview bench has been optimised for NVIDIA cards? As someone else had mentioned, the 9800 gets 10fps on doom III over on Hard's review............. i am doubting that for some reason...

Also, again, when u turn up AA and AF over 4x, ATi 9800 kick's arse

Quote:
As someone else had mentioned, the 9800 gets 10fps on doom III over on Hard's review............. i am doubting that for some reason...

They forget to read the second page. The problem is in ATi's Catalyst 3.4 drivers (which haven't even been officially released yet), when 3.2 was installed instead better results were seen. HardOCP conveniently forgot to mention the fact Cat 3.4 is prerelease software in their article as well...

Quote:
i'll stick with my All-In-Wonder 9700 pro. does the job in unreal ii, gun metal and the rest of the games (so far).

Please tell me where you got your AIW radeon 9700 pro for 400$ ! I want one!!

I'm still not entirely convinced that Doom 3 is going to be worth the outlay for a machine capable of running it. The fact that it's an id game is a big minus against it for a start as id have never really been ones to make games strong on anything other than graphics. Also, nothing I've seen or heard about it so far says it'll rise above and beyond everything they've done before so I'm left with the feeling it'll be the same graphically spectacular, but on the whole quite shallow dross they've been producing for the last ten years. I'm not looking forward to Doom 3 and I'm definitely not basing any upgrade plans on it.

would not suprise me if it is so over hyped it end up being like unreal - yeah wicked graphics - but general game play is boring and crappy!

i assume there will be multiplayer? - i would hope so!

Answer me one thing:

Who in the world is going to be running Doom 3 with an ATI 9700/9800 and a Geforce FX 5900 at MEDIUM QUALITY? heh. Definetly not me.

2D is still inferior

Noise rating is still inferior.

Ansio/AA are still inferior.

Driver quality as compared to Nvidia is debateable....

Definetly not a card for me...and I also think that I'll "punish" Nvidia for releasing the 5800 by not buying the 5900. heh.

Quote:
Quote:

Please tell me where you got your AIW radeon 9700 pro for 400$ ! I want one!!

Some freind hoocked me up with someone who works for ATI. Ati's head office is in Toronto area, so "Torontonians " could do these manouvers when it comes to ATI cards! laugh

I think if you work for ATI you get discounts. Too bad i can't be working in too many places, but i could find some good friends who could get me the parts for lower prices. (direct from supplyers or manufacturers)