Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
clutch

Any good rally games for PC?

Any recommendations for a good PC Rally game? I would like to at least have:

Mitsubishi Evolution (probably a VII)

Subaru WRX

Ford Focus

and if possible, a Peugeot 206 AWD would be nice. I haven't been into driving games in a *really* long time, and would like to try a new one.

Microsoft's Rallysport Challenge, which is a port over from the X-Box is not too bad. Graphics are awesome! But I feel that Colin McRae Rally 2 is still the best as far as a rally driving "SIM" goes. And for pavement - I have to say that (the now ancient) Sports Car GT is still one of my favorites, with TOCA2 right up there with it. You can have your nascrap circle jerks, I am, and always will be a ROAD racer (member of SCCA as well).

By the way, Clutch (as in Clutch Cargo??? BONUS POINTS if you remember who that was???), where is it that you live? WE had the SCCA PRO Rally, Rim of the World, this past weekend! Sadly, I could not make it as it was pouring buckets and I was home sick with pneumonia. But it is held evey year in Palmdale. Also, if you are into paintball AND rally, LOL, then the Tombstone Paintball Park is THE place for you to be. Because Leon who owns it, is also a rally driver. And on some Satrudays, he closes the paintball field early, and opens the place up for RallyX! Basically, its an SCCA Solo II in the dirt - one car at a time - so its open to any car and driver. But even though I play paintball, and own a WRX (DEATH TO THE EVO hehehehehe), you won't see me there. Don't feel like cleaning out the clods of dirt/mud for months later smilemike1.jpg[/img]

I play "Rally Championship Extreme" on my box. Has all the expected cars including the Focus, WRX and Lancer EVo.

Or it might be called "Rally Extreme Championship".

Very cool, especially with a sidewinder wheel etc.

I am "clutch" as in the band "clutch", and right now I live in Wisconsin, but I will be back in Arizona in a few weeks. Once I get settled in, I plan on checking out the local SCCA scene.

yes MS rally - to me kicks Collin 2 out of thw water - i did nt like it @ all - maybe 3 will be better

but right now i would say MS Ralli, it has my attention.

Yeah, I picked that up yesterday and it's pretty fun. I will have to get a steering wheel controller to use it later on though, since the Orb controller just isn't that fun with it. smile

i always liked using a sidewinder joystick, seemed to help well for me, alhtough now that i got one system on a 52' tv - steering wheel maybe nice - sit back and race some in the living room!