Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Titanus

Application Compatibility Toolkit 3.0

Hi!

I have recently installed ACT 3.0, after removing 2.5 on my Win2000 SP3.

This 3.0 version is quite different. It doesn´t have any qfixapp and I just can't make any shortcut to an exe with a compatibility mode or fix!

I can only enter in compatibility administrator tool (CAT), create a new compatibility database (.sdb), because the system ones are read-only, and save may game fixes in this sdb file.

However I must always enter in CAT and run a fixed program from there to make it work!! It's annoying!

The sdb should be integrated in the system somehow.... so that I didn't have to always start CAT to run a fix!!

Now I'm thinking in uninstalling 3.0 and go back to 2.5...

Could anybody give me a hand here?? I mean, its just me or ACT 3.0 suxs?

Thanx

Simply,

Uninstall 3.0.

Install 2.6

Copy qfixapp.exe from 2.6 to somewhere on your system.

Uninstall 2.6

Install 3.0

or

if you have an .MSI editor you could extract qfixapp.exe from 2.6.

I'll try the first option. I don't have a .MSI editor, and I don't feel like searching for one!

Thanx DosFreak!!

Hi again Dosfreak!

I uninstalled ACT 3.0 and apparently all went fine (no errors). I say apparently because a lot of files remained in ACT folder, and a lot of keys in the registry.

I ran ACT 2.6 I downloaded yesterday but it says that a newer version was found and so it won't let me install!

I then used Norton Utilities 2003 Windoctor to remove all registry entries ACT 3.0 related. It found a lot and I think it removed all of them. I also deleted the ACT folder from program files.

I reboot the PC and again try to install ACT 2.6. To my frustration is gives the very same message: Newer version found!!

I looked to the monitor for a few minutes without knowing what to do...

I then tried to install version 2.5, I had in backup in a CD.

It gave no problems at all and installed fine. Works fine also. But I can't, no matter what I do, install 2.6!! Weird... I thought the file was corrupted but ii it asks where to install is because it passes the CRC check, right???

Weird stuff....

Any ideas????